Friday, September 26, 2008

Mile Run

Today was the mile run.  I have a love / hate feeling towards these days.  I know that it is going to be tough - but I also have an anxious desire to run so that I can see the progress that I've made.  It has been a frustrating couple of weeks since I sprained my ankle.  My speed had slowed down and I was feeling like I wasn't making much progress.  Today I really wanted to get back to where I was at with my time before I injured myself.  So I needed to shave a whole minute off.  Two weeks ago I ran the mile in 13:20... so taking a minute off while running injured was going to be tough.  But thanks to Kenny who paced me the whole time today I was able to complete the mile in 12:20!  YEAH!  I know that it will be tough to get to my goal of under 10 minutes - but I am not giving up.  I know it is possible.

No comments: