Friday, August 1, 2008

End of the First Month

Friday was the end of the first month. I woke up multiple times throughout the night on thursday because I kept thinking about the mile run. I so wanted to get my time under 12:30 - but I also didn't want to set an expectation that I would not be able to meet.

The temp. was perfect on Friday. Not too humid and there was a breeze in the quiet air. I felt rested and ready. We first did our Sit-ups and Push-ups. I improved significantly.
Starting Sit-ups 26 - Ending Sit-ups 42
Starting Pushups 47 - Ending Pushups 60

Then we ran the mile. I started out well. I was trying to pace myself and keep a steady breathing pattern. After the first lap I was tired but determined. One of the boot camp instructors ran with me the whole time and another camper kept me encouraged throughout the run. After I got up that hill the second time I picked up my pace and was able to fall into a nice sprint towards the finish line.

So here are my times over the past month.
My starting time was 14:57 (4 weeks ago)
Mid-way time was 13:37 (2 weeks ago)
4 weeks into boot camp 12:15!!!!

I shaved 2 minutes and 42 seconds off of my time. I felt great. To think that I just had a baby 2 1/2 months ago and I was able to run the mile in that time was very encouraging! I have a long way to go to get in the 9 minute range... but I have the next 5 months to get there.

At the end of the first month I weighed myself. I started boot camp weighing 184 lbs. On the last day of camp I weighed 175. 9lbs in the first month! YEAH!!!! My pre-pregnancy clothes are coming!!!

1 comment:

One Who Prays said...

Awesome progress, Jeanne! You should be so proud of yourself! Good to see you and Jarrett at the party on Friday. Many more victory celebrations in the months to come!