Thursday, August 14, 2008

On the road again...

I am sitting in the ATL airport getting ready to head out on another trip.  No surprise my flight is delayed so I am sitting in a Starbucks trying to get some work done.  Its funny to me how my snacking craves have changed.  In the past I would have sat here with a fancy drink loaded with calories while munching on some sort of pastry to  tie me over... but  now I think ahead and fill my purse with Zone Perfect Bars and raw almonds to snack on if I get hungry.  Changing the way I eat has really been more about changing the the way I think.  Planning ahead has been an important mental shift.  If I just sort of go with the flow of the day its harder to find something healthy to eat.  But if I think ahead and plan out a menu I usually end up making good decisions.  Another helpful mental shift has been pausing before giving into a weak moment and asking myself - "Do you really want to feel lethargic after eating that muffin?"  I also have to plan out my times of exercise while travelling.  If I don't put it into my schedule (almost like a meeting I can't miss)  I will end up missing my workout.  I am really hoping to be able to run tomorrow.  I took the past 2 days off to let my ankle heal.  I am wearing a brace on it to help reduce the swelling.  

No comments: